Review: Batiste Dry Shampoo in Bare


One could say that I'm pretty liberal with spritzing stuff - I love fragrances, scented products and perfumes! I've also been wearing perfumes at home, even when there's a 0.00005% chance of me actually seeing someone else who isn't my husband or cat. Why? Because I do it for me, and if it makes me happy, then so be it!

That said, however, there are times when I need to tone down on the smells, because my patients can be quite sensitive to it, not to mention the clients, and simply because there are moments when I don't want it to be overpowering, with too many mingling scents, making it harder for other people to breathe.


When you think about it, just about everything that we wear on our skin is generally scented to a certain degree - if you've just showered (and used your favourite shower gel), slathered on some body lotion (with that scent you like), then topped it off with a gentle spray of perfume, well, that's three scents already! And that's not even factoring in things like hand cream, or that vanilla scented lip gloss that give your lips that sheen you love. With that in mind, Batiste has now created a lightly scented dry shampoo to give your hair it's second wind, while not adding an additional layer of perfume to your tresses!

The Batiste Bare dry shampoo comes in this can, portraying butterflies and vines in hues of pale green, pastel pink and orange all around it, unlike the other dry shampoos in the range that generally have quite bright, vivid and bold colours, and I really like that it goes with the theme of the dry shampoo - barely there scent, in a can depicting barely there colours. The dry shampoo is great - a few spritzes will give my hair life, without making it look too white. It really does have a barely there scent, which is fantastic for the intense work days, where I may have patients who don't do well with additional fragrances.

This has the added bonus of being vegan and sulfate free. You can pick up your own can of 200ml at most places that stock Batiste, including Chemist Warehouse and Priceline.

Do you use Batiste? Which scent do you gravitate towards?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts