Review: Medik8 Mutiny Squalene-Based Alternative Lip Balm


Happy Sunday! Today, we are discussing a brand new release from one of my favourite skincare brands, and that is none other than Medik8, and Mutiny, their squalene-based alternative lip balm! While all of this sounds like a bit of a mouthful, I can assure you that what lands on your lips won't - and it's worth applying!

A slightly different venture for the brand, considering that they generally stick to the skin on the face and not the part that's attached to the mucus membranes, this hits all the right notes with me, and I can see myself running out of it this year. How can I not, when this stuff is amazing?


Like all other Medik8 products, the packaging is white, and this one is particularly simple. It is a  glossy tube, with a screw cap and a slanted applicator with a hole in the middle, allowing for the product to get out. The lip balm itself has a slightly yellow tint to it, and is of a thick consistency that takes very little effort to spread thinly over the lips.


I like that it doesn't form a barrier on the lips. Instead, it actually does feel like it's moisturising the lips, preventing them from getting chapped, and helping to keep them soft and plump. This includes ingredients like squalene, sea buckthorn oil and multi-weight hyaluronic acid, all added to lock in hydration and give the lips some serious TLC. This also has a slightly sweet taste to it, which I don't mind at all. This is going to be handy on all those trips I'll be taking this year!

Freshly dropped this month, this retails for $39 and can be found at Medik8. What's your go to lip balm?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts