New Release: Pure Planet Club Plastic Free Lip Balms


If I've said this once, I've said it a zillion times - I love, love, love clever things, whether it's the gadget itself that's smart, or an idea that's blossomed into so much more from a little kernel of thought. Thus, on that note, I would like the introduce this gorgeous little range from the Pure Planet Club - say hello to their plastic-free lip balms!



Hold up, though, who exactly is Pure Planet Club, and why should we be scrabbling to get some change together to pick these babies up?


They are the creators of Australia's leading plastic free toilet paper, and they have now launched a range of organi, plastic free and recyclable packaged collection of lip balms. I have to say, when I first read the press release, my mind just couldn't comprehend what it meant by plastic free. Then, it occurred to me that of course I've been so conditioned to using lip balm that has some plastic as part of the packaging that I just couldn't visualise it.


Behold, lip balms that work as a tube without plastic actually do exist and they can work! These comes in handcrafted, compostable packaging, made from 100% uncoated PCW paper. They are USDA certified organic, cruelty free, gluten free, and contain no aluminium, parabens, artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners. 


This is available in Natural, Mint, Raspberry and Vanilla. Just pull the cap off the tube (this fits snugly), and squeeze the bottom of the tube in order to get the lip balm out of it. The trick is to keep squeezing the tube as you apply it, or the lip balm will slip back into the packaging from the pressure of being pressed against your lips. These all contain shea butter, beeswax, sunflower oil and vitamin E to help keep your lips suitable moisturised. 


I've been using the Raspberry version as my nightly lip balm, and I like that this moisturises my lips nicely, and that it also provides a bit of a barrier over them. I'm just really impressed by how genius this whole concept is, and it's really exciting to actually be talking about it on the blog today! These are available in packs of three at $30, and you can find them over here

What is your favourite earth loving product and what do you adore about it?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts