Review: Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Shimmering Hair and Body Oil

 

Have I mentioned yet that I'm totally obsessed with body oils this year? I don't know when this all started, but once I latched onto it, I couldn't let go! I have been using quite a few shimmering body oils, and I feel like there's a chance I may run through a significant number before the end of Summer! Given my current thing for them, I don't think you could blame me for this purchase - the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Shimmering Hair and Body Oil.

 

Haven't not bought any Estee Lauder for a while (aside from their perfumes - I still find them strangely addictive), I thought I'd grab a Bronze Goddess Shimmering Hair and Body Oil, given that they had a great gift with purchase. I felt that this meant that I could try out something that I really wanted to give a go, with the added bonus of other goodies to sweeten the deal. I also felt like this was kind of a hybrid product, which combined my love for Estee Lauder fragrances, and shimmering oils, and as a result of that, I couldn't really move past this product.

Retailing for approximately $76 for 50 ml of product, I felt a little let down initially when I got it out of the box - most other glittery body oils I've used in recent days were practically bursting with shimmer, and I was disappointed to see all the shimmer in the bottle gathered at the very bottom, rather than evenly dispersed through the liquid. I felt like there wouldn't be nearly enough particles to give me the Summer shine that I craved. This comes in a stout glass bottle with a leopard print and gold cap that clicks on firmly.

 Every time I use it, I shake it up, in order to get some shimmer into each spritz, and as suspected, it's certainly not as glittery as I would prefer for it to be. All is not lost with this, however, because the texture is definitely up my alley! It's kind of a dry oil, where it actually does dry down a bit, but still feels slightly oily, and I really like that. My skin feels really nicely moisturised, and it doesn't feel like I've got a layer of grease sitting on my skin. Instead, my skin is nice and soft, with a subtle glow to it.

 

The scent is an added bonus, where a blend of bergamot, vanilla and coconut leaves my mind in a state of perpetual Summer. I also appreciate that this doesn't weigh my hair down, which some oils certainly can. For a shimmering body oil, it's certainly not my favourite, but if you're after a plain body oil, this certainly is one that I'll be happy to trot out for Summer. This is available where Estee Lauder is stocked, including David Jones. What is your favourite shimmering body oil?

Comments

Popular Posts