Review: Bioderma Atoderm Shower Oil

 
Bioderma is one of those great brands that everyone has grown aware of over the years, especially when it first made a big splash when it landed on our shores, and it has quietly been gaining popularity over the years. It is the creator of one of my favourite micellar waters, and I may have just discovered a new something wonderful from the brand, and that is their Atoderm Shower Oil.

 

I was intrigued when I first saw this, mostly because my limited experience with shower oils meant being exposed to some expensive shower oils that doubled as aromatherapy, so I wasn't really sure what to expect with this. There are two sizes available, and the one that I received contains 200 ml in a clear bottle with a blue pump, which is excellent at delivering a generous amount of product each time, with two pumps being the average amount that I like each time I reach for it. 

 

This doesn't lather up, like you'd expect a shower gel to, nor does it feel like it's particularly oily. Instead, the texture is thick, rich and it smooths over the skin really nicely. This is supposed to provide 24 hours' worth of hydration to the skin, while preventing irritation as it replenishes skin lipids. I love that this is so cleansing, while not drying out my skin. Rather, it moisturises it, leaving it feeling softer and happier than before. This is also meant to help improve the skin barrier, which it feels like it does.

 

This has been a real skin saver in the last couple of weeks, given that the in between weather has been triggering some really interesting allergic reactions for me, from runny eyes to dry patches on the skin. It also has a hidden little gem in the form of a light, pleasant fragrance that I can smell every time I use this. This has been very soothing on my skin, and I feel like I would be buying this in as larger bottle once mine runs out!

 

The Bioderma Atoderm Shower Oil is available now in two sizes, 200 ml and 1 litre, for $16.95 and $39.99 respectively.  It is stocked at various places, including Priceline, Chemist Warehouse, and online at Adore Beauty. What is your favourite Bioderma product?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts