Review: Antipodes Joyful Hand & Body Cream

 

Let's talk about a product that's been kicking around for a while, but for some reason totally unknown to me, has only made it's way over to me very recently - like, what the heck took so long? Well, let's not dwell on how tardy I am to the party, but instead, let's focus on the positives, like how gorgeous this staple from Antipodes really is!


Antipodes has a few different Hand & Body Creams, and Joyful comes in a metallic purple tube with a screw cap, and this contains about 120 ml of product. Retailing for $34 per tube, this may be a little pricey if you're intending to use this solely as a body cream, but as we all know, self care is a massive hot topic, and if it makes you feel better mentally, and lifts your spirits, like it does mine, then this may be worth it for you. I won't lie, this isn't my every day body lotion, this is my "I wish I could travel, and have a break from life." body lotion - it's what I slather on when I need an emotional pick me up, and I don't know what it is about this, but it does make me feel like it lives up to it's name!

 

The cream is quite thick, as you can imagine, but thins out as it warms up with your touch. I find that rubbing my palms together also helps in releasing the scent of blackcurrant, which is softly sweet, mixed with that of South Pacific hibiscus bloom, and it is a fragrance that lingers all day on you. Not just that, but this contains avocado oil to help hydrate the skin, and this is also rich in Vitamins A, B1, B2 and D, as well as omegas 3 and 9, while the blackcurrant, rich in antioxidants and essential fatty acid, as well as Vitamin C and E, will help add some glow to the skin.

 

I love how rich this feels on my skin, and how quickly this is absorbed, without feeling like it's cloying or simply just sitting on the skin. It smells amazing, and most of all, it makes me happy, and that is the best kind of feeling you can have when you're using something that you deem wonderful. Joyful by name, joyful by nature! This is certified vegan, and all the other wonderful things about Antipodes also apply, including that the boxes are recyclable and made from 100% biodegradable cardboard.  


So, if you're looking to make a small splurge on your next online purchase (because, let's face it, going into stores is risky, and this way, you can still get something wonderful in the mail to make you happy), and get yourself a little something gorgeous, why don't you get yourself some Joyful? Grab your own tube online over here, or at Priceline or David Jones. 

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts