Review: Slip Sleep Mist

A while back, when I was having an extravagant moment, because we all go through that when we come into a bit of dough, let's face it (unless, of course, you're very good with your money - I, on the other hand, enjoy helping the economy out every now and then), I bought some pillow spray to help enhance my nocturnal eye resting experience. I've been using it steadily now for the last few weeks, and I have to say, it really does seem to help!


I started using lavender based products a few years ago, simply because I was either given one, or it arrived in a beauty box or something - honestly, I can't remember the exact details, but I do distinctly remember not really having a lot of faith in it to begin with, simply because I didn't think it would make a palpable difference. However, I was proven wrong on that particular product, and I have been a believer ever since! It seems to just take the edge off, allowing for a smoother transition to Sleepytown.


The Slip Sleep Mist is no exception to this - this isn't a pillow mist, which is what I've been using. Instead, you are meant to spray this into the air, then settle into the cosy comfort of your soft and inviting bed as it aids in helping you drift off into a deep and smooth slumber. This has notes of lavender and chamomile, and the scent is actually really beautiful, and very soothing, but it comes out quite strong, yet dies down to almost nothing over a short period of time. 


I find that this works best when spritzed only a few minutes prior to going to bed, which does not speak to the longevity of the product. If you're overly prepared and you spray this about 30 minutes prior to going to bed, you'll only end up catching the faintest whiff of it, which also smells a little like disappointment. I can't argue with the results of this when it comes to my sleep, but I can gripe a little bit about the fact that it doesn't go the extra mile when it comes to how long it lasts.


 This retails for $55 for 100 ml, and can also be found as a travel sized product if you'd rather try the smaller version of this to begin with. Grab your own bottle over here on Sephora, or here on the Slip website. Do you use sleep sprays?

Comments

Popular Posts