Review: Trilogy Age Proof Replenishing Night Cream

 

I find the normality of layering on my skincare at night to be very soothing - it's good for my mental health too, not just my skin! It allows me to take a beat, and think about my day, and set my intentions for the following day. It's all about putting one foot in front of the other, right? Certainly, that has been part of my coping mechanism for getting through what will be known as The Covid Years the further along we go. What does this have to do with my night cream? Well, I've always viewed the night cream as that final step, sealing in all your wonderful bits of skincare, and it is an essential part of my nightly routine.


The Trilogy Age Proof Replenishing Night Cream contains plant-derived hyaluronic acid, which is there to plump skin and smooth lines, while marula and olive oils, which are full of essential fatty acids (that's the omegas 3 and 6), can help improve skin function. This also has co-enzyme Q10 to combat against free radical damage, and there is something called Glycablend™ complex, which is meant to fight against glycation. What exactly is glycation?

In simple terms, glycation is where the sugar that you consume (and I'm in serious trouble here, because I'm a massive serial snacker) binds with proteins, producing damaging free radicals, which can accumulate, and wreck havoc on the surrounding proteins. That ultimately leads to damage to the skin, which can result in it ageing. So, the idea that something can be used to fight against that is very much a positive thing for me!
 


The cream comes in a jar with a screw top, and there is something about the urge to stick my fingers into the depths of the packaging to scoop up a dollop of cream that I just find irresistible with this one! It may just be because the texture is so creamy and lovely, or that it just looks so inviting when you open it - either way, it's beautiful and it's gorgeous both in the jar and on my skin. This has a cream consistency, and this smooths over the skin nicely, drying down enough so that you don't come away without anything on your fingers when you run them over your skin, but not so much that you cannot feel the product on your face. 


This is suitable for all skin types, and for someone with normal to dry skin, I feel like this adds moisture to my skin, which has been very well received during the drier months! My skin feels really soft and supple, and not lackluster, like it can get around the shorter days of the year. I can't really speak for the anti-ageing properties, but I really do like that my skin does seem to respond well to this. Priced at $56.95. you can find this over here, as well as at Priceline. What are you loving from Trilogy?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts