Review: Youth To The People Yerba Mate Resurfacing Energy Facial Exfoliator


Ok, let's just say it and get it out of the way - seriously, how long has it been since I wrote a review based on something that I bought? Too. Damn. Long. And you know what? That's on me! Honestly, I have so much to talk about, but only so much time in one day, which means that I don't actually have the chance to discuss everything that try, believe it or not! That said, there's no time like the present to grab the bull by it's horns, am I right?

The Youth To The People Yerba Mate Resurfacing Energy Facial Exfoliator is on my hit list today, and I'm going to discuss why it should also be on yours!


I'm no stranger to the brand, and I fell for it, hard, a couple of years ago, back when I was introduced to their cleanser and moisturiser. Since then, I've held a certain fondness for the brand and when Sephora had a sale recently, I snapped this up at a 15% discount, just because I felt like spoiling myself a little bit.


Now to get down to the nitty gritty, and I'm not just talking about the texture of the product! The Yerba Mate Resurfacing Energy Facial Exfoliator is appropriate for a wide range of skin types, including normal, oily, combination, dry and sensitive, and best for those targeting dull and dry skin, uneven skin texture and uneven skin tone. It promises an instant microdermabrasion enzyme treatment, and it absolutely delivers! Just apply it to clean, wet skin, then leave it for 2 minutes to allow the enzymes to activate, before massaging it into the skin in gentle, circular motions to complete the resurfacing treatment. Once you're done, just wash it off the skin.


Considering the ingredients that are in this, it's no surprise that it's an amazing exfoliator! This uses a combination of active enzymes from papaya (papain) and pineapple (bromelain) to break down dead skin cells, as well as bamboo and diatomaceous earth as micro-exfoliants to smooth the skin texture, while the inclusion of passionfruit and dragon fruit extracts, which are high in antioxidants, can help combat free radicals. Last, but not least, there is aloe to help soothe the skin and reduce redness and irritation, while yerba mate and guayusa add caffeinated extracts to help energize and invigorate the skin.


The result? Silky, smooth, soft skin that is so wonderful to touch, and absolutely drinks up the moisturiser that you spread over it. I've been using this steadily for a few weeks, and I'm head over heels for this - definitely one of my favourite skincare purchases of the year, and there have been many things! This retails for $89 for a jar with a screw cap containing 59ml of product, and you can find it over here.

I love this, and I would so love to get another jar once I finish it! What have you tried from Youth To The People? 

Comments

Popular Posts