Review: Ultra Violette SPF 50+ Queen Screen Lightweight Sunscreen

And BAM! Just like that, we're talking about yet another product that didn't come through PR. Instead, this came through a friend of mine, who found that it didn't work for her skin. And as they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure, and this has been an absolute find for me!


Say hello to my new early morning best friend, the Ultra Violette SPF 50+ Queen Screen Lightweight Sunscreen! This has received quite a lot of chatter recently, and I can see why.

I've definitely seen people in one of two camps - those that absolutely adore it, and those who like certain qualities about it, but it doesn't entirely agree with their skin. I am firmly in the first camp - this stuff is so amazing, and I'm ready to tell you why!

Firstly. let's talk about my skin type - I have normal to dry skin, and I know that it does gets drier in the Winter, and I've been in need of more moisture at this time of the year. I suspect that this is, in a large part, the reason for why this works well on my skin. The babes who struggle with it classically seem to have combination or oily skin, so if your skin type veers towards this, then this may not be the product for you. This is obviously just an anecdotal observation, but it is interesting, given that on Sephora's website, it states that this is appropriate for babes with combination, oily, dry. normal and sensitive skin.


Ok, so why exactly am I already halfway through the bottle, and lining up my next Sephora purchase? This little gem comes in a opaque electric blue glass bottle with a dropper for getting the product out, and this is not my preferred method of extraction at 6 in the morning - just a little too cumbersome with a bit too much work involved. It takes about two droppers worth to cover my face and neck. The texture of this is really runny, and white, and it spreads over the skin with ease. This gets absorbed in a flash, leaving smooth, non-tacky skin in it's wake, ready for makeup.


This affords UVA and UVB broad spectrum coverage, and I love this so much! It works really well on my skin, and also has the scent of a bouquet of roses - how beautiful does that sound? This retails for $47 for a 50 ml of product. A little on the pricey side for facial sunscreen, but honestly, you can't pay enough for good skincare. and as we all know. good SPF is the best anti-ageing product!

On top of everything, this is also cruelty free and paraben free! Have you tried Ultra Violette yet? What's your take on it?

Comments

Popular Posts