Review: SBC Refreshing Watermelon Skincare Gel


Hello, my darlings! It's Sunday, and you know what that means - it's Self-Care Sunday! As someone I know said recently, Sunday is now my favourite day of the week, because it means that I have something to look forward to - a day to relax, and reset, by pampering yourself. The best part is that it doesn't have to cost much, just a bit of time and a gorgeous little something to treat yourself with!

Today, I'm talking about a little something that is delicious and refreshing and will leave your skin feeling hydrated. That little something is that SBC Refreshing Watermelon Skincare Gel, which retails for $49.95 for 500 ml, and can be accessed via the TVSN website!


SBC stands for Simply Beautiful Collection, and that adequately describes the SBC Refreshing Watermelon Skincare Gel, because it really is simply beautiful. This comes in a clear pump bottle, bursting with product, and it holds juicy red, watermelon scented gel that doesn't add a tint to the skin. While it's easy to mistake this as a shower gel initially, which I certainly did, it isn't one. Instead, it has multiple uses, and I love that with one bottle, I can get at least 3 different uses of out it! This can be used as a moisturiser (face and body), primer and mask - winning!


This gel dries down quickly, and leaves the skin without a trace, except the occasional whiffs of  sweet watermelon. Much like we are now all familiar with hand sanitiser, and how quickly it disappears, this does a Houdini within seconds, without the cooling sensation that occurs with hand sanitiser (due to the high alcohol content in hand sanitisers). I really like the concept of this, and I also really like that this actually works well has a moisturiser, and a decent primer, but as far as a mask goes, it doesn't feel rich enough for me. That said, I also feel like this would be best in the warmer months, rather than when the temperatures have dipped, because I think this would suit the Summer days better - dries quickly, cooling on the skin and even smells like Summer!


It's been a fun trial, and I would definitely be keen to see what else the brand might have to offer - I mean, wouldn't you? What have you tried from SBC? Is this something you'd be keen to give a go?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts