Review: Shea Moisture Daily Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner


I feel like I only talked about Shea Moisture very recently, but given how they are popping up all over the place (I saw them basically everywhere when I was in the States last year, and I run into the brand every time I'm in Priceline), I imagine it's only a matter of time before people try at least one thing from the brand!


I've been using the 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Daily Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner, and I've been pretty happy with the duo.


These two products come in bottles containing 384 ml of product each, with the only difference in the delivery of the liquids out of the containers, as there's a pump for the conditioner, and the lid for the shampoo is one where you have to push down on one side in order to get the product out. These were designed to wash away impurities and rehydrate hair. Sulfate free and formulated with a nourishing blend of 100% virgin coconut and shea oils, coconut milk and oil, and acacia senegal, these are supposed to provide renewed hydration, manageability and shine.

I like the way they make my hair feel, soft and pliable. However, I find that this can be a little too rich for my hair, which means that by day two, my hair is too limp and too oily to look good. In order to make it work, I have to use about half my usual amount, which really isn't a bad thing, because it means that I run through less of it in a much slower time frame than most other brands. I tend to reserve the use of this for when my hair is feeling like it needs a bit of an extra hydration boost, because it can get quite heavy. 


These retail for $24.99 each, and they can be found at Priceline. What is your preference - are you all about the volume, extra moisture, or colour preserve?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

  1. Hello, You just published a very good post here. I just came to your site today for the first time and just like that. So, you are doing a very good job for your beloved readers. I appreciate that too. I may share my thoughts too regarding this topic if you would like to listen and publish that in your blog. Thanks a lot!

    Check mine here

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts