Review: Golden 8 Body Lotion


I'm all for supporting Aussie brands, and considering that I have used a lot of Australian born and bred brands, I have to say that finding brands that are new to me can be a little hard. I was therefore quite delighted when I was sent a parcel containing some Golden 8 products recently, and I couldn't wait to write about it!


A little bit about Golden 8 to start things off - crocodile oil is a major ingredient in the line, and the brand got their name from the golden sands of Far North Queensland, and the sun drenched rivers and waterways of the Top End, believed to be the key 8 pillars of good skin health.


The body lotion is something that I've been trying rather enthusiastically for the last few weeks, and I have to say, this stuff is awesome! It comes in two sizes - 300 ml and 500 ml and they retail for $24.95 and $29.95 respectively. The product contains their Pure Golden 8 Complex, which is made up of:
  • Crocodile oil
  • Jojoba oil
  • Maracuja oil or passionfruit seed oil
  • Olive oil
  • Caprylic/Capric triglyceride
  • Tocopherol
  • Ascorbic acid
  • Beta carotene

Sounds like a lot of goodness, doesn't it? That's because it is! All of these combined together put a mix of vitamins A, C and E, as well as antioxidants and omega fatty acids, to help protect your skin while moisturising it and keeping it soft and supple. I love that it's so pumped full of goodies, but that it doesn't mean it's thick and gloopy. Instead, this lotion goes on rich and thick, but thins out beautifully and melts into the skin. It is absorbed very easily and quickly, and I love how smooth my skin feels afterwards.


I also really like the packaging that it comes in - a dark brown pump bottle with a colourful crocodile as the brand's symbol on the label. Neat, and cohesive with the rest of the range. Overall, for my first foray into the brand, it has been a rather positive one, and I'm really looking forward to giving the other products that I have a try!


For more information on Golden 8, you can head to their website over here. Have you tried anything by Golden 8 before? What's your favourite Aussie brand?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts