Review: The Goat Skincare Shampoo and Conditioner


As someone who washes her hair regularly, whether the weather, my scalp sometimes suffers for my over enthusiasm, not to mention that Winter can sometimes seriously dry out my skin and hair.

Thankfully, I've had the chance to trial The Goat Skincare Shampoo and Conditioner, which I've been using on a semi-regular basis to!


Firstly, both bottles look quite similar - they come in white bottles with little cartoon goats on the front of it, and blue lettering. The caps are the little flip lid ones that you have to push down on one side, and they open up easily enough to allow the product out.

Neither of them smell particularly goaty (which is a good thing, considering that goats don't smell amazing - no offense to goats everywhere). Instead, the scent is subtle and inoffensive. The shampoo does a good job of lathering up, while the conditioner, which isn't particularly thick, coats the hair well enough. They don't feel heavy, and the conditioner isn't quite what I'm used to - my hair isn't immediately softer after rinsing it out, but I can definitely feel the difference to my scalp once my hair has dried down.


I find that this calms the skin on my head really well, which makes me feel comfortable (and also happy, knowing that I'm not flaking bits of my scalp off throughout the day). As for how my hair looks after using it, I wish this did soften it a bit more, but I do like that it doesn't cause my hair to get all flat and floppy. I like having them in the shower caddy for when my scalp is starting to itch - a definite must have for me in the Winter!

They retail for $9.95 each and you can find them over here

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

  1. Right now, I always reach for shampoo bars from NZ manufacturers because they are durable, economical, and perfectly in line with sustainable living practices. They also cut down on plastic waste.
    shampoo bar nz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts