In Rotation: Favourite Winter Foundations


So, we're deep in the middle of a Sydney Winter, which can sometimes be incredibly cold, and occasionally surprisingly bright and almost warm. The fluctuations in weather can muck around with my skin a little bit, leaving it dull and somewhat dry, thanks also to the heater that is on at this time of the year.

What does that mean for my makeup? While I'm all about the dewy base 12 months a year, I make more effort to make sure that my skin looks more luminous at this time of the year, as I don't want to look grey and dull. The fluctuations in temperature also means that I tend to pick out my base, er, based on the weather So, without further ado, I'm going to have a chat through the different bases I'm currently loving this season!


Australis Liquid Elixir Serum Foundation in W25* - This stuff is simply amazing for sheer coverage! This is definitely a year round thing for me - this basically gives only the lightest of coverage, so that you don't feel like your skin is being suffocated, and enough to even out skintone. Use this with a brightening primer, and watch the shine come through! Fantastic for light makeup days. See full review here.

BYS Pure Silk Serum Foundation in Medium Beige* - When I'm trying to achieve a more full on makeup look, this stuff is a great base. Medium coverage, blends easily, and has a satin finish. An excellent start for a fancy face of makeup! See full review here.

Philosophy No Reason To Hide Instant Skin-Tone Perfecting Moisturiser in Medium* - This base completely surprised me! It's basically a better than typical tinted moisturiser that gives me medium coverage, and seems to also blur imperfections. Perfect for those days when I need a little something extra for my base. I think it's also great that this doesn't make my face look flat or matte.


It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination in Light* - As my colour fades in the Winter, this comes out more often. This awesome CC cream has SPF 50+ in it (broad spectrum) and I love that this leave my face with a fantastic glow! One of my favourite year round foundations, just in general.

NARS Hydrating Glow Tint in Medium - On super lazy days, instead of an actual foundation, I reach for this baby. This leaves my skin with a shine that looks amazing and can be used both on it's own, or as an illuminator underneath your usual foundation. This is great for a light face of makeup, and really reduces the dullness of my skin. It's a limited edition product, so make sure you get it fast, or you might be very disappointed!

What's your go to foundation this time of the year?

Where to purchase:
Australis - Priceline ($24.95)
BYS - Target and Kmart in store, or BYS online ($14.95)
Philosophy - David Jones ($50.00)
It Cosmetics - Sephora ($58.00)
NARS - Mecca Maxima/Mecca Cosmetica (limited edition) ($52.00)

* These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts