With having been away, I'm currently playing catch up with my fun mail, including my beauty boxes! Therefore, I apologise that it's taken a while, but it's finally here, my review for last month's Her Fashion Box!
For those unfamiliar with the concept, Her Fashion Box is a monthly subscription box that comes in three different flavours, if you will. It's Classic, Feminine or Trendy. This year, I've been signed up to Feminine, and I have found it to be the best for my taste, but I do still get the occasional box envy when I go through what others have received!
It's $39.95 per month, or you have the option to sign up for a few boxes in one go. For more information, head to their website.
Enough nattering, I'm sure you want to know what's in the box for September! Here's everything that was including. Some people may realise that there are three little brown sachets in the picture, not one big one, and that's because there was a bit of a spillage from the body wash in transit, which surprisingly, didn't ruin anything but the packet that those little sachets came in!
1) BX Earth A Bit of Soft Touch Nourishing Bodywash - This was the cause of the spill, but who cares - it's a gorgeous scent! The smell of this was what hit me when I first opened the box, and I thought it was absolutely lovely. This has goats milk, peach (which is what it smells like) and manuka honey in it, all to keep your skin soft and gorgeous. I can't wait to give it a go!
2) Smoothie Booster Energy Booster sachets - These little sachets are additives that go into your smoothie (hence the name) for that extra little something! Meant to increase energy levels, among other things, I may need it now that I'm back at work after 3 weeks away!
3) Purrfect Sunglasses - I was wondering when they'd put sunnies in the box! Not my typical shape, I think these are very cute, so it's a good thing they turned up, because they wouldn't be the type I'd buy, but I would now wear.
4) Two pearls in a pod ring - This is a cutie, but as per the rings from HFB, it's a little big. However, with squeezing, it's a much better size for me. I've already worn this ring out and I've gotten two compliments - and that's just one day! Clearly a bit of a winner.
5) Capote earrings - These guys are cute, but almost a little confusing to wear. It's almost like the earrings are a little too short for my ear lobes. My hands were a little slippery the day I was planning to wear them, so it could have been me.
Either way, I'm going to give it another go, and see how they look on me. I do love pearls in general, so I am loving the design.
6) Brauer Paw Paw Lip Shimmer in Blush - When I first saw this, I thought it was a different brand, because it's an almost similar packaging. This is one of six colours, and is quite a nice reddish shade. It's meant to add a bit of shimmer as well as keep the lips soft and moisturised.
7) IME Natural Perfume EDP - I love the concept behind this, but I honestly don't think I got the right scent for me! It's a range of perfumes inspired by muses of Greek mythology, and there is a reason behind each scent. I received kall-i-ope, which means driven, which I can be, and is described as,"Strong and bold. A rich resinous blend of earthy notes that are both warm and authentic topped with herbs and spices."
The dry down is quite pleasant, but initially application and the overwhelming scent of a certain herb just reminds me of a Chinese ointment that my parents used on mosquito bites on me when I was a kid. As such, I don't think I could wear this, sadly. This is a shame, given that they are cruelty free and the whole concept is so cute.
8) Orly toe separators, French Manicure polish and nail file - Received as bonus gifts for filling out the survey, it's pretty decent! I don't think I'll need to buy toe separators ever again.
And that's everything from Her Fashion Box! Are you happy with this box? Would this interest you in subscripting to HFB?