Happy Halloween! While Halloween isn't a terribly big thing here in Australia, it is slowly gaining popularity, and I feel that every year I look, there are more and more people putting up decorations, or even kids in the Inner West going trick or treating. I think it's cute!
Something else that is cute is doing makeup swaps - a makeup swap with Jasmine over at Sweetaholic Beauty, specifically!
This all started a few weeks ago, when Jasmine asked for interest on doing a makeup swap that was Halloween themed, and given that I was going to be in the States in September, I was really excited (and a lot nervous!) to do this swap, seeing as I could get a whole bunch of out of country makeup!
Jasmine was also the very first blog I started reading, way before starting Temporary Princess, so it was an honour to get the chance to do a swap with her!
She made the effort to wrap all her presents up in cute little packages, then went the extra mile of putting stickers on them! Jasmine also popped them into a purple box with the same adorable stickers popped all over it.
She also put some chocolates (cute little ones from Lindt with pumpkin faces) in a plastic Hello Kitty baggie with the Benefit beauty products featured above, but they sadly melted in the heat! It was just a shame I didn't get to eat them!
Are you dying to see what I got?
Ta daa! How good does this look? She really went above and beyond what I expected! Here's a breakdown of everything.
1) Formula 10.0.6 No Time To Shine Oil Absorbing Mud Mask - This is really exciting! I haven't had the chance to try anything from this brand yet, despite purchasing a couple of their products a while back. This will allow me to take a little sachet to Singapore to try while I'm there.
2) Models Prefer Nude 10 Shade Eyeshadow Palette - EEEEEE!!!! How exciting is it when you get a brand new nude palette? I've seen some reviews for MP eye products, and I can't wait to crack it out!
3) Essence Cosmetics Get BIG! Lashes Mascara - I've tried a couple of mascaras from Essence before, and haven't been wowwed, but others have seemed to enjoy it. I'll see how I go with this one. Fingers crossed!
4) Daiso Voluminous Type Eyelashes - I love Daiso, and have never tried any of their lashes before, so this could be a great introduction!
5) Savvy by DB Blush in Cherry - I do love Savvy by DB products, and this one is probably going to be no exception! I've been surprised by their selection and quality in the past, particularly given the price, so I'm really looking forward to trying this.
6) Face of Australia Sheer Gloss Lip Crayon in Cupcake - I love anything that sounds tasty, don't you? Face of Australia does seem to make some excellent products! I did try one from this line, Macaroon?, and I liked it, so this is a welcome addition!
7) Essence Cosmetic Metal Glam Eyeshadow in Coffee To Glow - I have a couple of the shadows from this range, and they are REALLY metallic and gorgeous! This is quite a gold shade, and might be perfect for the silly season!
8) Essence Cosmetics Lipliner in In The Nude - Oooh! I love the one lipliner I have by them, and I haven't bought a nude one for yonks, so this is super exciting!
9) Essence Cosmetics Long Lasting Eye Pencil in Black Fever - Black eyeliners are a staple in my beauty kit, so this is definitely going to get used.
Of course, aside from all those goodies, she also included eight (EIGHT!) generous samples in the box! All travel friendly, and a mix of things I haven't had the chance to try before, and others that I have, and loved.
What a fabulous swap! Jasmine did an amazing job - I can only hope she feels the same way about my parcel. If you haven't had the chance to check out her blog, you really should. Click here to get there.
Did you participate in this swap or a similar one? Would you be interested in doing something like this?