Review: Burt's Bees Body Lotion and Almond and Milk Hand Cream


Burt's Bees has been such a significant brand for me during COVID-19 - they've really had my back, my front and my hands throughout this time. By that, I mean that they've been looking out for the skin on my back, my front, and especially my hands, which is great, because with it being Winter, and with all the constant hand washing, battling dry skin is an ongoing problem.

Let's start with the Burt's Bees Body Lotion! This moisturiser contains milk, honey and vitamin E for natural nourishment, as well as coconut and grape seed oils for hydration. This comes in an upright tube with a flip lid, and this is meant to enrich the skin with milk and naturally nourishing honey. The texture of this is thick and creamy, and it feels like it hydrates the skin deeply.


I find the scent slightly sweet, which is nice, but the real goodness lies in the texture and hydration that come with this lotion. The absorption rate is a little slow, and I do feel a bit of a layer on the skin still, up to a couple of hours after the application, but only when I rub my hand across my body. I don't find that it washes off the following day, which makes me feel like it does sink into the skin over time. This retails for $19.95 for 170 ml of product.


The other little love that I was sent recently is the Burt's Bees Almond and Milk Hand Cream. This comes in an adorable tub with a screw lid. This smells a little nutty initially when you open the jar, and when your nose adjusts, you may be able to identify it as almond, as well as banana extract.


The hand cream is in a relatively solid, but soft, form - kinda like cheese. All you really need for both hands is a small scoop that is the equivalent of approximately half a pinkie nail. Now, just be aware that this can be a little greasy, so this is best slathered on when you're not expecting to do much else with your hands. Keep that in mind, or you just might have to sit tight for an hour or so before you can open a jar of pickles.


The reason behind that is that this has both vitamin E and aloe vera to help condition and soothe the skin, as well as sustainably sourced beeswax to help seal in all that goodness. As such, there is a definite layer that remains after I smooth this over my skin, but this is gone by the morning, and my hands stay soft and moisturised. Retailing for $19.95, a little goes a long way with this 57g jar.


As always, with Burt's Bees, these are parabens, phthalates, petrolatum and SLS free, as well as being cruelty free. Burt's Bees products are available at a number of different retailers, including Priceline, David Jones and online at Adore Beauty. What is your current dry skin combat combo?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts