Review: Hask Monoi Coconut Oil 5-in-1 Leave-In Spray


It's been a while since my last Hask post (and in fact, my last haircare post - whaddup?), and I'm really excited that I've been trying out something that's been working well for my hair. It's affordable, easy to find, and makes me happy - sounding good so far? Read on!


So, a couple of months back, I got the chop, and my hairdo went unexpectedly shorter than I thought it would. It ended up being way better suited to my face shape than my original hair length, and I absolutely fell for it!


Having shorter hair meant discovering what I could or could not do with it, and along with this new haircut came several advantages, namely volume, and the ability for my hair to keep it's shape a little better with less effort. However, I realised quickly that hair oil was a little too heavy for it, and only that most minute of amounts was appropriate for it. Given my propensity for being heavy handed with hair products (and most beauty goodies - I mean, I always say I'm going to do a simple FOTD, but guess who leaves the house in full glam?), I decided that this was the best time to try a lighter option. And thus, my current hair obsession with the Hask Monoi Coconut Oil 5-in-1 Leave-In Spray was born!


This comes in a brown spray bottle with a very pretty green label on the front. Derived from Tahiti, monoi oil is a blend of coconut oil and Tahitian gardenia. It boasts 5 benefits for the hair - this is meant to detangle, hydrate and condition, soften while adding shine and controlling frizz, as well as providing thermal protection. With all the things it's putting into your hair, what it doesn't also give you is this list of things - parabens, sulfates, phthalates, gluten, drying alcohol and artificial colours.


I like that this doesn't weigh my hair down, and that even after my usual 48 hours between washes, it still seems to be less greasy than usual. There is a decent amount of bounce and movement when I use this, which I love. The only other thing of note is that I feel like this doesn't add anymore shine to my hair, not that I really need it!

This retails for $14.99, and can be found at Priceline. What have you tried from Hask, and what do you want to try?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts