Review: Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Long Wear Brow Pencil


I'm not a big one for the Woo Woo overall (ie believing in the esoteric and the lining up of the stars for everything to fall into place, Mercury in retrograde etc), but I do believe in coincidences, and it didn't surprise me one bit that the day my trusty brow pencil ran down, I received two new brow products in the mail, and what products they are too!


Having never had any experience with their brow goodies, I was really excited to try the Perfectly Defined Long Wear Brow Pencil! These have made a comeback, and I'm so glad it has! This comes in 7 shades, including Blonde, Taupe, Grey, Mahogany, Saddle, Rich Brown and Espresso. I was excited that I managed to get Espresso sent to me, which is a great shade for my skin tone.


This retails for $65, and you can just buy the refillable cartridge for $42. It is easy to swap out an old cartridge for a new one, so much so that I thought I'd broken it when I initially took it apart. I am happy to report, however, that it doesn't just pop out on it's own - it does take a bit of effort, but not so much that you're breaking a nail to get it out, which is a good thing. Aside from the pencil on one end, there is also a spoolie on the other end.

This is a wax-based brow pencil that has a slanted tip to make application easier. This is also waterproof and sweat resistant, which will always be appealing to me. I love that this starts of relatively light to begin with, but can be buildable. For someone who tends to be a little heavy handed with brow products - yes, yes, I'm working on it - that's a definite boon! It's love at first sight with this, and I'm really glad that I can get a refill for it in the future!


Their Brow Kit comes in their patented black, glossy case containing two shades and a mini brow brush. The duo shades are Cement and Birch for light, Grey and Mink for Medium and Saddle and Mahogany for Dark. I have yet to really road test this product, but a little swatch of the colours has told me that I'm going to be quite pleased with it! These retail for $75 each. These brow products are available at Bobbi Brown counters, their online store, AdoreBeauty and Mecca.

What's your holy grail brow product, and have you tried any from Bobbi Brown before?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts