Review: Nude by Nature Creamy Matte Lipsticks


Nude by Nature pops up on the blog every now and then, and it's not hard to figure out why - they are a great Aussie brand, and they have beautiful products with gorgeous packaging. The lipsticks that we're talking about today will prove that all those points I just raised are right!

The new Creamy Matte Lipsticks are free from carmine, petroleum waxes, silicones, coal tar dyes and synthetics.Those are the things they left out when they made them, but just what did they pop into the lipsticks? Goodies included in these lippies consist of natural ingredients such as kakadu plum, mango seed butter and castor seed oil. They also have Vitamin E and HA spheres.


I received this in three of the ten available shades - Blush Nude, Red Blossom and Cerise. I found all three shades to be consistently beautifully pigmented, even Blush Nude, which is a brown nude shade.

My expectations for matte lipsticks is that they tend to sit on them, and dry them out a bit. That has certainly not been my experience with these lippies. They glide on nicely, leaving a colour trail behind them. I really like how they sit on my lips, and that they definitely do deliver a matte finish. The colour payoff is fantastic, and this sadly doesn't stain the lips. That said, reapplication isn't difficult when you can carry it around with you, given that the lipstick is small and slim, and the packaging is such a gorgeous, shiny rose gold shade. 


While this isn't a brush review, I do also want to give their some of their brushes a bit of a shout out! It's been a while since I have had the chance to use their brushes, and I'm absolutely head over heels in love with all floofy little brushes I've been playing with! Their buffing brush, in particular, is what I've been using on a daily basis. I'm also nuts over their concealer brush - talk about creating a well defined brow by using concealer on either side of the brows! Hint - use the Nude by Nature concealer with this, because it blends nicely! 


These retail for $22.95, and you can find them at Priceline, Myer, Big W, Chemist Warehouse and independent pharmacies. Have you tried these lipsticks yet? What's your favourite shade?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts