Review: Andalou Naturals Turmeric + C Enlighten Serum


Andalou Naturals is a brand that hit Priceline last year, and I haven't had the chance to do much with them, but I was sent this serum a while back, and being a major sucker for vitamin C and their brightening qualities, I was keen to give it a try!


Here are a few things you need to know about this particular serum - it is gluten free, vegan, and cruelty free. For those who are keen to know, the science behind the brand also incorporates fruit stem cell, and non-GMO products into the serum. I personally don't have an issue with GMO products, but for those who are into it, this may be a good brand to keep note of.


This serum comes in an orange bottle with a white pump and clear cap. The pump is quite efficient and allows for a good amount of product to come out with each push. Each pump allows for enough serum to cover the face with a little left over for most of the neck. The serum itself is yellow, but leaves no trace of colour on the skin.


Unlike other vitamin C products, I don't seem to get any sort of tingling with this, which isn't a particularly bad thing, but does make me wonder if it's as potent as some of the other comparable brands on the market. However, for the babes with sensitive skin, this may be a good one to try if you're keen on vitamin C, but you've had a reaction to it before. As far as how the skin looks, I feel like this has maintained the level of glow I've come to expect from my face, but I don't think it is any brighter or luminous than it used to be.


I do like that this doesn't feel sticky, and that it doesn't take long for it to sink into the skin, which is great early in the morning, a time of day when there is very little margin for error. I do adore that this seems to mix well with my lotions, and that it doesn't ball up or react with any other products that I use.


For $29.99, you will get 32 ml of product, which has so far lasted me for over a month with once daily usage, and there's still plenty left. A positive experience, but nothing particularly groundbreaking - it is, however, one that I would buy again, because it's good!

What's your go to Andalou Naturals product?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration 

Comments

Popular Posts