Review: Dr Lewinn's Private Formula Gentle Cream Cleanser


Dr Lewinn's is one of those brands that I started using quite a few years back, and even though I really liked a lot of what I tried, it got lost in the sea of many products that I began showing more interest in. Thankfully, I was recently reintroduced to the brand, and I've been really happy with some of their new products, namely the Private Formula Gentle Cream Cleanser!

This nifty cleanser comes in a tall elegant cylindrical bottle, topped with a silver cap. The bottle itself is a seafoamy/melon green, which is the same colour the product comes out as. This contains 120 ml of product, which seems like good value for something that retails for $24.95. As much as I like the packaging, though, I have the say, the nozzle of the pump is surprisingly small, and not as powerful as I thought it would be. That said, from personal experience, I can assure you that this will survive being dropped on it's head many times, although the cap isn't as sturdy as the rest of the bottle!


This is a very light cleanser with milky, watery consistency. It's scent makes me think of a mix between honey and melon, which is to say, quite pleasant. This is enriched with avocado, sweet almond, apricot and  Vitamin A - great for keeping the skin moisturised. This is meant for normal to dry skin, perfect in this cooler weather.   

It takes me about 5 pumps to get out sufficient product to cover my face, and it works amazingly well with the Foreo Luna that I keep in my shower caddy. It really does provide a gentle wash without stripping my skin - let's just put it this way - I love it as much as it loves my skin!


I certainly cannot fault the formula at all, but if I could, I might change the packaging a little so that it would fit in my shower caddy a bit better. As it is, I can hide it behind some wider, sturdier bottles, so that really isn't a big deal. 

This new light and gentle cleanser is a great addition to my skincare regime, and I would happily finish it! Have you tried anything by Dr Lewinn's before? What's your favourite kind of cleanser?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts