Review: Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Rose


Seriously, doesn't Bobbi Brown just knock your socks off? There is something about that sleek, black packaging, with the white lettering that makes you feel like you're seriously treating yourself when you pick up their makeup. And if you want the ultimate in gorgeous from Bobbi Brown, then you seriously cannot go beyond their Shimmer Bricks.


Let's just be upfront about this - I'm no stranger to the Shimmer Brick, which I have, and adore, in the beautiful Nectar. That one gives me a radiant warm flush, which is infinitely wearable. I was sent this in Rose, which is, well, a rosy pink, that can be used mostly as a highlighter, thanks to it being a little lighter than Nectar. For the fairer girls, you could maybe get away with using this as a bit of a blush too.


Did you know that the Shimmer Brick is handmade in Italy, and that it's an award winning Bobbi Brown product? And for good reason too! I love how this brushes onto the skin, and it wears beautifully throughout the day. The illumination is subtle and it makes me look fresh with just the right amount of glow. I've been brushing this onto my cheekbones after my blush, and I love that it helps me look more awake than I feel!


These come in 5 shades - Beige, Pink Quartz, Bronze, Rose and Nectar, and retail for $75 each. You can pick them up at several retailers, including Myer and David Jones, and online at Adore Beauty and Bobbi Brown. It's hard to have just the one once you've tried them out, so make sure you're ready to commit to this addiction before you hand your card over! If you're curious about the other products pictured, you can find the Crushed Lip Colours here and the Hydrating Face Cream via this link.

What's your favourite Shimmer Brick shade? How do you use yours?


*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts