Review: Palmer's Skin Therapy Cleansing Oil and Oil for Face

If there's one thing I love more than trying out new products from a brand previously unknown to me, it's trialling products from a brand that I have known and loved for years. It's like getting news from an old friend - who doesn't love that? Palmer's, of course, is a household name that everyone is aware of, but what you might not have heard is that they now have a cleansing oil (and you know how I feel about cleansing oils!) and facial oil amongst the ranks of their skincare products, and I'm here to tell you all about them!

 

So, I feel like Palmer's did in fact have a cleansing oil a few years back, and this is a reincarnation of that product. I don't think I ever had the chance to try that, so I can only base my review on what I know of what I have, and like my skin, the review is glowing. Retailing for $19.99, this comes in a clear plastic bottle that contains 190 ml of product. This boasts the ability to gently cleanse the skin deeply, helping to dissolve dirt, oil and makeup, all without stripping the skin. The pump is efficient on the pack, and I find two pushes to give me sufficient product to take it all off. 

 

I find this cleansing oil to be AMAZING! For that price tag and the amount that you get for it, this is actually a really great product, because not only is it budget friendly, this also has the bonus of working extremely well! I have tried this against my mascara, eyeliner and other bits of makeup, and just about every time, it takes everything off, and anything that gets missed is due to me scrunching up my face so that the oil doesn't get onto my contact lenses. I cannot stress enough how very little stuff seems to be left on my face after I've gone over it with this. This contains grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, rosehip oil, vitamin C and cocoa butter to help brighten your skin while nourishing it. 

 

The facial oil retails for around $25 for 30 ml of product, and it is crammed full of oils that can help restore the skin to it's full glory. This has rosehip, argan, sweet almond, coconut, macadamia nut, apricot, grapeseed, sesame, camelina and sunflower oils, as well as cocoa butter, retinol and vitamin C in it. Together, these are meant to help improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as dark spots and uneven skin tone and aging skin. There is also something called Cetesomate-E Complex, which is supposed to assist in delivering the vitamins and nutrients into the skin. 

 

This is a lovely, not too oily oil. I like that this does dry over time, and that my skin doesn't end up feeling particularly oily, nor does it mix with any other skincare products. My skin is appreciating the use of this, as it does seem to be better hydrated with the sudden dry winds, with my skin looking a bit brighter, while staying smooth. This comes in an unassuming amber dropper bottle - you wouldn't think it's amazing by looking at it, but it's so worth a try! I find it slightly odd that neither of them smell like the core products in their range, but hey, they work, and they're fantastic, so YES, I'm so on board to finish these little guys! They are available just about wherever Palmer's is, so you have no excuse for not trying them!

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts