Review: Neutrogena Body Oil Light Sesame

 

Even with the days getting surprisingly warmer (and I'm not sure why I say surprisingly, as it shouldn't be one, given that Spring does come right after Winter), I'm still deeply obsessed with body oils! I don't know what it is about them. I mean, yes, I've always liked body lotions, but I think I just prefer the lighter texture of oils, although I am very mindful that they can certainly leave a mean stain behind on clothes if I don't dry down fast enough.

 

One that I've been trying for the last few weeks is the Neutrogena Body Oil, which, funny story, I got my best friend to buy in Canada, then pass to me while I was in Hawaii, which I then lugged back to Australia, before I realised it was already at Priceline. Silly me! Still, it's really nice to know that this is accessible just about anywhere and everywhere, which does make sense, given that it is such a household name. Speaking of accessible, this retails for $15 for 250ml of product, making this quite affordable.

 

It is also available at a number of different retailers, including Priceline and Chemist Warehouse, which means that it is easy to find. This comes in a clear plastic bottle with a black cap that has a flip lid, and it allows for a decent amount to come out with each tip of the bottle, without spilling everywhere, which means that you're not struggling to cover your body in oil, while your hands are already slippery. The design sounds great, but how does the oil really fare?

 

This boasts sesame seed oil as it's main ingredient, which I wasn't initially aware of, as it doesn't smell anything like the sesame oil used for cooking. Instead, this has a light, almost floral scent which dissipates. This is very much an oily oil, and therefore is really easy to spread on the skin. Right afterwards, it leaves my skin feeling slippery and looking shiny, and it takes about five minutes for this to settle in. While that does mean that I have to stand around with my clothes off for a bit, that's worth it for how my skin ends up feeling!

 

My skin ends up feeling incredibly moisturised and smooth, and I love that this doesn't result in the sensation of it getting washed off when I get under the shower. For people who might prefer an oil that feels like one, but doesn't leave an oil slick behind after a few minutes, then this one might be worth trying! I've enjoyed using this, and I'd be keen to finish the bottle, even when it get warmer. Would you be keen on trying this?

Comments

Popular Posts