Review: Botany Essentials DNA Serums

 

Happy Thursday, my gorgeous babes! I'm pretty excited that the week is turning warmer, and by the time you're reading this, I'm hopefully running around and doing my chores free from my winter coat and enjoying a bit of sunshine on my arms. Speaking of things I love, I've had the absolute pleasure of trying out some goodies from Botany Essentials, and I'm about to talk about them today!

 

For the uninitiated, I previously talked about Botany Essentials over here, and how much I loved their cleanser. This Australian based brand has now done it again with their DNA Serum range, all of which come in dark amber glass bottles with dropper applicators. These are available on their own for $29.50 each, or in a bundle for $100, if you're keen to try all four while make a saving of $20, then this is definitely the deal you'd be better off with, because they are all worth trying!

Let's talk about what's in the collection! There is Age Reversal, which uses a combination of bakuchiol, cacay oil, rosehip oil and beta carotene to help hydrate and nourish the skin, while also leaving it looking bright, with a more even skin tone. This is also meant to help defend the skin against environmental stressors, while also reducing inflammation. It is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, and would be a good choice for those looking to add a retinol alternative into their lives. Protect is packed full of niacinamide and acetyl zingerone, and this would be great for babes look to help defend the skin against free radical damage, while also soothing and calming irritated skin. It can also help brighten and even skin tone, in addition to reducing the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation, all while keeping it hydrated and healthy.

 

My picks, however, are Hydrate and Glow. Hydrate is a delicious drink of water for my skin. This is full of hyaluronic acid and panthenol, with the former being present to help attract and retain moisture, while the latter is supposed to soothe and heal the skin. Together, they can hydrate and plump the skin, reducing inflammation and redness, resulting in the reduction of appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as a more even skin tone. Glow contains ascorbyl glucoside and Kakadu plum, and they work together to help stimulate collagen production, improve the texture and firmness of skin, as well as fight free radicals and protect the skin from environmental stressors.

 

They are both relatively light and thin, which make layering my serums an easy task. They don't leave my skin feeling sticky, nor do they react with any other bits of skincare/makeup, so I can wear it comfortably all day. My skin loves Glow, and when I'm not wearing makeup, such as when I hit the gym at 6 AM, I catch myself in the mirror from time to time, and I cannot get over how dewy my skin looks without anything but skincare on it. I also feel like Hydrate is helping me ride out Spring, and it's preventing me from getting weird dry patches. For more information on them, you need to hit up their website over here. What would you be keen to try first?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts