Review: Gallinée Face Vinegar

 
It's Sunday, and we're into the second day of the New Year (which, incidentally, looks an awful lot like last year so far), and I want to spend today talking about a skincare step that I know some of you omit - well, if you're looking for a project this new year, make that project yourself, because you're absolutely worth it! Remember to always look at yourself the way that loved ones look at you - perhaps one day you'll see yourself through their eyes, which is always far more flattering than how we view ourselves. But I digress. Let's talk toners!

 

I've been busy with the Gallinée Face Vinegar, which is meant to help balance skin pH, while repairing and hydrating your skin. There are no wild, or exaggerated claims for this one, which I really appreciate - just keeps it real! This  is meant to achieve those goals through the means of their ingredients, which I find quite exciting. 

 

There is Actibiome, which is a prebiotic that is meant to help calm the skin, preventing it from further irritation. Hibiscus vinegar is an AHA that has been obtained from the hibiscus flower to aid in exfoliating the skin, while also helping to hydrate and repair it. Lastly, this has a triple probiotic complex - by that, I mean this has a blend of prebiotics, probiotics and postbiotics to repair and replenish the skin.

 

This comes in two sizes, 50 ml ($15) and 200 ml ($42), and can be found at Mecca, making it easily accessible. Like most toners, this is easy to use - pour it onto a reusable pad, and wipe it over the skin after using your cleanser, and before popping your serum on. It is a smooth and easy toner to use and my skin seems to react really well to it. 

 

I feel like this might be helping keep the eczema monster at bay during some of the most stressful periods of the year (Christmas and New Year, I'm looking at you), particularly as we're still riding that wave right now. At the very least, it's not exacerbating my condition, and for that, I'm grateful. This has been a really pleasant toner to use, and I think it's also very reasonably priced. What was your favourite toner discovery of 2021?

Comments

Popular Posts