Review: Algenist Blue Algae Vitamin C Skinclarity Brightening Serum

It's been feeling so much more like Summer over the last couple of days, and let me tell you, I'm totally here for it! More sunshine, less rain and just good vibes all around - this is why we work so hard, am I right? Brighter days also means that my skin does tend to get more sun, even with the long hours at work, and my daily sunscreen and as such, I'm always on the look out for something to help combat hyperpigmentation.

 

I've been trialling the Algenist Blue Algae Vitamin C Skinclarity Brightening Serum, and it's been a great journey! Algenist is available via TVSN, and this has great claims of being a serum that is steeped in vitamin C, which can help with bringing out the luminosity of the skin while assisting in reducing the appearance of pores and signs of photoaging, and improving the skin tone.

 

This utilises vitamin C from spirulina, and patented alguronic acid from blue-green algae to help target fine lines and wrinkles, which also has plenty of antioxidants to combat free radicals and brighten skin. The serum also contains a moisturising complex for help increase skin hydration, while the inclusion of a marine ferment can be great for reducing the appearance of pores.

 

The serum is housed in an opaque blue bottle with a clear cap, and I really like the design of the bottle in that the pump works really well. I tend to find two pumps to give me the right amount of serum to cover my face and neck. This has an almost citrusy scent to it, which doesn't last long. The product is a cloudy green, which isn't particularly appealing, but you know what they say - beauty is skin deep, and this lives up to the saying!

 

The consistency is relatively thin, and it takes a matter of seconds for this to settle into the skin. It's continued usage has been great for my skin - a brighter complexion, smoother skin and while the hyperpigmentation is still present, which I expected, I feel like this has been helping even out my skin tone quite a bit. This retails for $109, and you can find it over here. I have I say, I do love Algenist product, and I'm really glad that this lived up to my expectations! What's your favourite Algenist goodie?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts