Review: Dr Pen LED Light Therapy Mask

Let's talk about an innovation in skincare that I can't quite believe I haven't had the chance to touch on yet - the use of light therapy for a clearer complexion, more youthful skin, and generally just a way to level up skincare-wise. I mean, I feel like everyone has been discussing light therapy. I will also say that this post is a little tardy, and my intention was to get it up sooner rather than later, but I was busy testing it out, and at one point, allowing my skin to recover from the mask, and you know what they say - better late than never! I will also say, though, that this review took so long that they have, in fact, released a new version of the mask that I'm deeply interested in trying, so you're in luck if you're looking for the latest release from Dr Pen!


While the current model that I'm covering today is no longer available, it is still applicable in terms of what it does, and it hopefully will get you excited about including something this technologically advanced and fun into your own skincare routine! So, let's get started! Whenever I look at new things that I'm unfamiliar with, it always takes a little while for me to get started, but with this, it was easy peasy, It comes with electronic components that you need to connect, and there is a remote control to help determine how long you'd like to use it for, and at what wavelength (ie what you're looking to target). 

 

You can look to manage things like ageing, sun damage and acne, or to help with healing and repair, sensitivity, lymphatic drainage and product absorption. It has multiple settings, and the instructions for how to use the mask are really easy to follow. There are also silver prongs that you can attach very easily to the mask, which can kinda give you better contact, but it's also a little intense. I used them initially when I first started using the mask, but I ended up getting a rash from my very first use, just where they were contacting my temples. It also had the additional sensation of being relatively uncomfortable, and I definitely handle this better without them, but I'm not swearing off them just yet - I do intend on adding them back into the mix when I work up the nerve to try them again!

 

I have found my skin to respond really well to this when I've used it regularly, and I don't use it for longer than 10 minutes per session. When I've lapsed in using this, I have noticed my skin being a little lacklustre, and not being as bright as when my skin has had regular exposure to the LED Light Therapy Mask. The fit is pretty great, and this comes with goggles to prevent you from staring right into the light and hurting your retinas. I love that this also has a neck attachment so that you can cover your neck, which is honestly just an extension of your face. The newer model looks like it has in-built eye protection, which is actually interesting looking, and makes it a little less fiddly to deal with.

 

I believe the newer model is now a cordless mask (amazing!), which also means that you can now pack this into your bag for weekend getaways with the girls for a little inside spa day situation with your friends, without having to fuss around with wires. You know, once we are able to actually able to get out and about, and can have little getaways! Overall, this has been a stonking success to use, and I cannot love this enough! Grab your own mask and get tingly with it over here! My personal favourite seeing is C1 - let me know what yours is when you find out!

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts