Review: Coola Full Spectrum 360 Sun Silk Drops Organic Sunscreen SPF 30

If there's one thing that I tend to use every day, it has to be sunscreen on the face. I love that there have been so many innovations over the years, going from the thick, gloopy stuff that used to be the only kind that existed, to the thin, runny sunscreen that has broad spectrum coverage. On top of that, we now have exciting things like what I'm talking about right now - the Coola Full Spectrum 360 Sun Silk Drops Organic Sunscreen SPF 30!


I purchased this via Cult Beauty recently, because I was intrigued by the claims of this little bottle. Retailing for about AUD$83, this bottle contains 30 ml of product, which is accessible by the dropper, which is a part of the cap. This is an oil-free sunscreen that has a super light formula, which has been infused with transparent non-nano zinc oxide and this is what ends up protecting your skin. I'm not going to lie - that part is lost on me, but I can tell you that the texture of this actually is amazing!


The bottle is a light pink shade, and it's tall and thin, sitting upright very nicely on my dresser, and because of the consistency of this, I'm actually a little unsure of how much I need to apply to stay sun safe. I figure that I'd hedge my bets by using three droppers full of it on a daily basis, and I seem to be running low on this very quickly. As this is quite runny, having a serum consistency, it seems to get absorbed very quickly, making it the perfect base for your make up application. 


This doesn't appear to have a scent that I can detect, and with the addition of Hyaluronic Acid, I feel like this does actually help with hydrating the skin. There is also Neroli Flower Extract, which is meant to help calm, rebalance and hydrate skin as well - I can't speak for it's calming and rebalancing properties, but it certainly doesn't seem to hurt. 


I love that this is vegan and cruelty free, which means that this is at least inclusive for a lot of people, but I do find it curious that there is very little information on it's protective abilities, without any mention on whether it prevents damage by UVA/UVB rays, and mostly all I can see if that it discusses the fact that this is an SPF 30 product, and that's it. Furthermore, it also claims to have blue light protective abilities, which aren't scientifically backed as thing, and feels like targeted marketing. Overall, I will say that I've enjoyed using this, but I am skeptical of some of it's claims, and while I will be finishing this, as I do like the texture and how it makes my skin feel, I am torn on actually recommending this to people. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Comments

Popular Posts