Review: Verso Eye Cream Extra Nourish

I'm a firm believer in treating yo'self, and I had just that opportunity a while back, when I was shopping around for a new eye cream. I wanted to try a brand that was new to me, and one that caught my eye was Verso. It's cropped up from time to time when I've looked for skincare products, and it just felt right to splash out a little bit of dough, so I could try something different! 


Available locally from Mecca, the Verso Eye Cream promises to 'provide instant and long-term hydration to the delicate skin around the eye area'. It's meant to strengthen the skin's barrier, while keeping the skin moisturised. This contains fermented oat, which is meant to contain a high concentration of antioxidants. The ceramides and fatty acids help to hydrate, as does the hyaluronic acid, and there is also yeast extract, which works in synergy with the hyaluronic acid, as well as supporting elastin synthesis.


This comes in a 20 ml tube that has a nozzle for ease of getting the product out of the tube. The product itself is a little thick, which I quite like. As with all eye creams, I tap this on gently, using my ring finger, and I find that it gets absorbed shortly after application. I feel like this does hydrate the skin under my eyes, but sadly, I don't feel like it really does much more than that. 

 

My dark eye circles remain as dark as ever, and I feel like the fine lines that crop up when my skin is dry, particularly at the end of a long and grueling day, don't seem to be kept at bay as much as they were when I was using a different eye cream. Oddly enough, I did think it felt like a relatively rich eye cream, but it didn't feel play out like I thought it would, once I had it on my skin.

 

This retails for $91, and while I found the texture to be quite lovely and hydrating, I didn't feel like the effects stuck around for very long, which made me a little sad. Overall, not the most amazing eye cream - it's definitely not high on the list of products I'd buy again. I would love to try something else from Verso, but I'm now a little hesitant to splash out this much money again for a product that might not wow me. What are your recommendations from the brand?

Comments

Popular Posts