Review: Keys Soulcare Golden Cleanser

I still remember the halcyon days of listening to Alicia Keys on my laptop, caught between the freedom of hanging out with your friends all the time while living in a dorm, and the juxtaposition of that terror that would catch up to you when you're thinking of all of your classes. So, perhaps not so idyllic, but it certainly had it moments!


It did  make me feel very nostalgic, though, when I was browsing through the products on Cult Beauty when I realised that they carried Alicia Keys' skincare line, which is called Keys Soulcare. Never having heard of it before, anywhere else that I shopped, I, of course, had to purchase something, and as luck would have it, I was in need of a new cleanser, which just felt like kismet to me! 


Aside from it being Alicia Keys' skincare line, what does this cleanser have going for it? Lots, as it would appear, because this is an absolute gem of a cleanser! Formulated with New Zealand Manuka Honey, packed full of antioxidants to battle those free radicals, it also contains activated charcoal to help purify and balance the skin, while the addition of turmeric and chamomile can help in soothing and calming the skin. There is also the light scent of sandalwood to finish it all off. Simply beautiful.


I love that this comes in a dark purple glass bottle with a very good pump. I mean, this is the kind of bottle that you'd keep after you finish the cleanser (and you'll finish the cleanser!), because you can put other kinds of products into it and display the bottle. But I digress. The pump produces a healthy amount of light amber cleanser with each push, and a little hand rubbing action releases that soft sandalwood scent to help take the day away as you take the day off your face. I find this to be gentle as it works it's way across my skin, and it cleanses thoroughly without leaving my skin tight and stripped of oils, which is the right balance for me.

I also love that aside from the fact that it is a killer cleanser, this also has ties to The HAPPY Organisation, which is a youth-led and founded collective that aims to empower young people - I mean, that definitely makes me happy! On top of everything else, this is also cruelty free! It's available over here on Cult Beauty, and retails for about $36. Have you heard of Keys Soulcare?


Comments

Popular Posts