Review: La Mav Bakuchiol 4% Natural Retinol Alternative

 

I know that some of y'all might remember my mentions of La Mav in the past, but are you aware that the brand has had a face lift, and has also brought out some interesting and exciting products? I also learned a couple of new fun facts about the brand that I wasn't aware of before, including that the creator of the brand is actually a veterinarian (yay! LOVE seeing a vet in the skincare field!) who made La Mav what it is today, purely because she needed to find something to treat pigmentation and skin sensitivity. 


I'm loving the look of their new packaging - it's very sleek and is a minimalist's dream, making it look gorgeous on my dresser. I've actually been using a product that isn't a serum - instead, the Bakuchiol 4% Natural Retinol Alternative is a booster, which means that it's supposed to work in synergy with the serum and moisturiser that you follow  it up with.


Formulated with 4% Bakuchiol and antioxidants, this is supposed to work well as an anti-ageing formula to help improve the structure of the skin while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The addition of Ashwagandha, Ginseng and Holy Basil fight stressors while firming the skin and Pomegranate, Green Tea and Flame Tree can help support collagen production and mitigate the damage caused by environmental factors and sun exposure. 

The product itself has a watery consistency, and reminds me of banana smoothies, when it comes to the colour. I find that this gets absorbed easily, and it doesn't take long for it to dry down before I can go over it with my serum, oil and moisturiser. I used this in conjunction with a serum that I'd used for a couple of months prior to this, so I already knew how that performed when stacked with this. I felt like concurrent use of this actually did improve my skin tone, and I have almost finished the bottle! 


This retails for $85 for 30 ml and you can find it over here. I'm actually really keen to try out the rest of the range, so leave me a message and let me know what I need to be playing with! 

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts