Review: Eco by Sonya Driver Face Sunscreen SPF 30

I don't know about you, but my skin certainly isn't loving the wintry feel in the air - it's been drying my skin out during the day, which leads to me spritzing my skin to try and keep it from getting chapped and sad. I then worry about my makeup getting messed up, and honestly, it's all little things, but I'm over this weather already! 


One thing that has helped in keeping my makeup in place, though, is the Eco by Sonya Driver Face Sunscreen SPF 30. I actually feel like this would be an amazing sunscreen for the Summer months, but it works well in the cooler seasons too. This comes in a tube with a screw cap, which is a little annoying, simply because it's not as convenient as a flip lid, but does come with the assurance that when it's on, it's on, and won't come apart in your bag, which is at least one less thing to think about!

The packaging is a pearly white, with gold lettering, and the tube itself is actually derived from sugar cane, which I love! You're supposed to shake the tube well prior to use, and what comes out is a thick cream that will have you wondering how it's going to sit on the skin. Thankfully, this actually does rub in quite nicely, but please note that you have to smooth over any thick patches that might be left on the skin before it dries, or you're going to end up with flaky white bits that will come off your face when you try to remedy that by smearing it out afterwards. I wasn't as careful when I first used this, and I had to rub off some patches that then interfered with my makeup application. 

 

That one hiccup aside, though, this is actually a really nice sunscreen! I love that this dries down really well, and for the babes who love a matte finish, this is the one for you! It leaves my skin soft, and not at all greasy, making it the perfect set up for my makeup to go over it. Formulated with watermelon seed, cucumber and sunflower, and filled with Vitamins A, C and E, this is also vegan and offers broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection. The natural clear zinc base of this doesn't leave a white cast once you rub it into the skin, and for $39/95 for 75 ml, you can grab your own bottle over here.


 *This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts