Review: Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Stain in Black Cherry


Happy Monday, my beauties! Can we just take the time to relish that Spring is right around the corner? Not long to go now! As always, I will be changing my skincare routine to fit in with that is appropriate for my skin as the weather gets warmer, but this time, I have also been adjusting my makeup routine to what is going on in the world right now, and I've been on the hunt for an indelible lippie, and babes, I think I might have just the thing I've been looking for!

As I was lurking around the Mecca site recently, I found a limited edition new release lip stain by Anastasia Beverly Hills, and I was intrigued. I hadn't heard much about it, and when mask wearing starting being more of the norm, I stopped wearing lippies, because I didn't want the colour to transfer onto the mask, and I also didn't want it to go to waste, really. I was, therefore, excited to see that there might be another option on the market that would allow me to have a bit of colour, without it coming off onto cloth.

Due to availability, I was only able to get my hands on one of the colours I wanted, and that's Black Cherry. Don't let the name intimidate you - it's actually a beautiful dark red, like when you bite into a ripe cherry, and the fruit juice stains your lips and skin. This has a doe foot applicator, and spreading this over the lips is easy business. 

I wore a mask over the lower half of my face for about 45 minutes, and it all arrived on the other side intact, untouched, and best of all, without shifting to the mask. I then proceeded to eat a 7 course meal, as well as 9 different drinks (not all alcoholic, I promise!), and it barely moved! I mean, I didn't check it during my meal, because I assumed that it was going to wear off, but the stain was so good and rich, that it held on for hours, and even after my shower and teeth brushing, it was still evident on my lips. The lip stain is amazing, in terms of holding power, but it isn't for those looking for a glossy, or particularly matte finish. Instead, it's a non-sticky stain that hangs on forever, but for those looking for a different finish, you can certainly always apply something over it. 

This beautiful thing retails for $34, and can be found here. I just really want this in other colours now! Have you tried this lip stain? What's your makeup tip for masking?

Comments

Popular Posts