Review: Hask Charcoal Purifying Shampoo and Conditioner


Now that Christmas has passed, we can get ready to wash the silly season right out of our hair! Well, that's not entirely true, given that we have another few days of the year left, and it is usually around this time that things get even sillier, if you can believe it! All the more reason to have clean hair, however, because how will we ever be party ready if we don't have the crown on our heads looking like they should?


Enter the Hask Charcoal Purifying Shampoo and Conditioner! This particular duo has been responsible for keeping the tresses at bay recently, and I can tell you why - it's because it's awesome!


That's the short answer, at least! The long answer is really more that it's designed so that it's suitable for daily use, and is meant to also be safe for colour-treated hair. There is a combination of charcoal, derived from coconut shells, lemon and grapefruit oils, and together, these will help remove impurities from the hair and scalp, while leaving it feeling cleansed and not weighed down.

These both come in a 355 ml clear bottle with a yellow cap and a corresponding label bearing the name. The cap is one of those where you have to push on one side to get the other end to pop up, allowing for product to be poured out of the opening. It's easy to use, doesn't take a lot of force, and also doesn't get clogged.

The shampoo and conditioner are both a light grey/silver shade, rather than black (you'd think, with the whole charcoal thing!), and I find that they have a light citrusy scent to them, which I quite enjoy. The shampoo has a relatively runny consistency, while the conditioner is thicker, but not so much that it just sits like a pat of conditioner in my hand. Rather, it has a bit of fluidity to it, which helps when spreading this all over my hair.


I love how clean my hair feels, without feeling overly clean, if you know what I mean. Instead, it's light, has some movement and body to it, and doesn't make me look like I have a hairmet on (you know, a helmet made of hair, because it's so lifeless and pressed close to the scalp?). I wash my hair every other day with this, and there's still quite a lot of life left by the second day, and I don't find myself reaching for the dry shampoo as much. I'll be honest - I didn't know quite what to expect when I first received these, as I wasn't particularly excited by the sound of it, nor was I overwhelmed by the colour. Boy, was I wrong and did I have to eat my words/initial impression of these! Overall, it's been a very pleasant experience with the Hask Charcoal Purifying Shampoo and Conditioner duo - I mean, finishing half a bottle of each does give you a more glass half full than glass half empty view of these!

For those concerned, this is free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates, gluten, drying alcohol and artificial colours. They retail for $11.99 each and can be found at Priceline.

What's your all time favourite product from Hask?


Comments

Popular Posts