Review: Maine Beach Mt Macedon Rose Hand and Nail Cream


I'm not going to lie - I love a good hand cream. I've had a bit of a complicated relationship with dry skin and cracked knuckles (back when I lived in Canada, my hands got so dry that the skin cracked and bled - it was really uncomfortable!), and there are times that I aggravate things further, thanks to the nature of my job and having to scrub for surgery, and washing between patients... Needless to say, there are times when my hands don't love me very much!


I was given the heads up on a brand that's new to me recently, and I was intrigued. I'd never heard of the brand Maine Beach before, but I loved the packaging of everything I was sent. I mean, have you ever seen such a stunning presentation for a soap bar? It looks just that little bit posh, almost too pretty to unwrap and use!


Maine Beach is an Australian born brand, and they actually have 6 different lines, with Mt Macedon being one of them! The inspiration behind this line comes from the gardens of Mt Macedon in Victoria, and it incorporates rosehip oil into the range, which I can truly appreciate. I've been using the Hand and Nail Cream steadily for a few weeks, and I can honestly say that I love how my hands feel after using it!


Firstly, it comes in a tube with a flip lid - a standard and smart design, given that you don't want to be chasing down a loose cap with greasy fingers! The co-mingled scents of rose and something nutty will have you intrigued - mostly because I was expecting a strong rose fragrance the first time I used it! It's certainly not overpowering, and you have to cup your hands together in order to actually smell it after application. It doesn't waft up from your skin even if you're just sitting there, typing away. 

What I do most appreciate about this, however, is how quickly it gets absorbed. Literally, if you rub a pea sized dollop between your palms and onto the back of your hands, we're talking 20 seconds, tops. I do think that I need something a little stronger for the skin around my fingers though, in addition to this cream for the hands, as the tips are always a bit dry and raggedy, even with religious usage. My palms, and length of my digits (that's fingers to you) have had absolutely no complaints, however!


This retails for $9.95 for the 50 ml version, and I believe that the 100 ml version that goes for $25.95. You can find out more about it over here

Have you heard of Maine Beach before? What have you tried from them?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts