I was recently introduced to a new brand, and that brand is Herbs + Heart! Aside from the mask itself, which we'll discuss shortly, there are loads about the brand that will tickle your fancy!I love that they have 5 values that they adhere to:
- Simplicity - They have a 3 key ingredient rule, so that you can get the most out of the active ingredients in your skincare.
- Mindfulness - They keep an online diary to inform people of new and upcoming research, and they also have a section on the bio-actives found in the skincare.
- Collaboration - All products have been the carefully crafted creations of several collaborators, through combined research, experience and expertise.
- Responsibility - Sustainable ingredients go in, nasties stay out! I love that their extraction methods are also environmentally friendly. This is also cruelty free, and all manufactured in Australia.
- Integrity - Finally, they provide transparency to the consumer, so you always know what you're getting.
I love that a company wants to present everything out in the open, so you know what you're buying, and buying into!
I was given the chance to try their Face Mud recently, and it is quite interesting! This is a blend of Manuka honey, orange peel and sandalwood. Combined, these ingredients are meant to help draw out impurities whilst delivering amino acids and B vitamins to the skin. The sandalwood and orange peel exfoliate gently, brightening the skin with vitamin C. Then, to top it off, coconut, aloe vera and apricot are thrown into the mix to add hydration.
This comes in a black jar with a rather pretty label. The mask itself is quite tarry and thick, and has to be mixed with a small amount of water in order to smooth it over the skin. This takes a little bit of effort, but work at it until it's a slurry. The smell of it reminds me of a blend of vegemite, something earthy, and a hint of honey. It's not my favourite scent, I'll be honest, but you do get used to it. It does make me almost a little hungry, though.
You let it dry down and rest on the skin for a bit, then wash it off and hey presto! Smooth, supple skin comes shining through. While this has that one additional step, with the mixing, (not ideal for your usual lazy girl), it's not so much of a hassle that it turns me off using it. Plus, this has more positives than negatives, as a brand and a product, so I can't really hold that against them!
This retails for $38.99 for a jar, and you can find it over here
Have you heard of Herbs + Heart before? What have you tried from them?
*This product was provided for editorial consideration