Review: MakeUp Weapons Domed Foundation Brush and Bio Glitter


Move over, current foundation brushes, there's a new baby in town! I've been busy road testing some new goodies, and I'm so glad that I got to try a brand I'd never heard of until now!

Firstly, who are MakeUp Weapons and what's the go with this brand? They are an Australian owned and vegan friendly brand that may only have a small selection of products under their belt, but they are pretty impressive already! To begin with, they have a range of sleek, pretty brushes that all have a glossy black handle made of sustainable bamboo, and a copper ferrule. There are 14 brushes in total, going from their large tapered powder brush, all the way to the fine liner brush. These brushes are all handcrafted, which automatically elevates them to luxe status in my eyes!

I was sent their domed foundation brush, and it was love at first stroke. This brush is just beautiful, and the densely packed bristles made it easy to spread and buff the foundation into my skin, blending it to perfection. If anything, it almost feels a little too dense, which, I know, sounds a little crazy! This brush retails for $43.95. 


I was also given the opportunity to road test some Bio Glitter, which, wait for it, is a biodegradable film made from primarily eucalyptus trees, all sourced responsibly. Sadly, these babies only comes in 7 different colours, which is a little limited (I'd love to see a forest green or an ocean blue!),  but they are super shiny and glitter, y'all! I received these in Mean Girls (one of my all time favourite movies!), which is clearly the pink, and Mae West, which is the sassy brown. I've used them kinda like a lid topper, adding some extra zing to the lids. I loved these particularly for when I wore my glasses out recently - they really added a bit of a pizzazz to my look!  

Just be careful with these when you first open them - they are loose, so make sure you apply them over somewhere safe, like the sink! They are really pretty on, and I'm excited about using these to brighten up those dark Winter looks as the days get colder. These retail for $21.95 each.


Overall, it's been an excellent introduction to the brand, and I'm really curious about how the other products, including the rest of the brushes, particularly the ones for eyeshadows might hold up to scrutiny. They also have a cleansing bar for washing your brushes, and a diamante encrusted lash curler - how swish does that sound?

If you're looking for more information about them, and where to get them from, you can head to their website over here

Do you like trying new brands? Have you heard of MakeUp Weapons before?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts