Every time I moisturise my face, I think about that episode of Doctor Who, where the skin that used to be a person says,"Moisturise me, moisturise me!". Is it just me?
Not a totally irrelevant starting point to this, however, as today we're talking about moisturisers! Here's a look at what I've been smearing liberally on my face in recent days.
1) A'Kin Lavender and Rose Antioxidant Facial Night Creme * - See full review here. I love the texture! This has also been really gentle on my skin with the odd and rare eczema flare up. I also wonder if the lavender helps me sleep a little better?
2) SunSense Daily Face Lotion * - See full review here. I use this mostly on days when I want to keep a low profile with the least amount of makeup I can get away with, but the highest SPF I can find! It's got a barely there tint, which is what I really like about it.
3) Nuxe Nirvanesque Smoothing Cream * - See full review here. A great pick me up for dull skin that could use some brightness to it! Thin and sinks into the skin easily.
4) Indeed Labs Fillume Volumising Moisturiser * - I love that this has a little pump that you push down on to get the moisturiser out. It's so easy to use! And hygienic. This is meant to restore the look of facial contours, improve the tone and texture of skin and plump out the skin. Like a lot of their products (my favourite, and my sisters', being Hydraluron - seriously, collectively, we've been through so much of this stuff), this stuff works.
While my skin doesn't end up feeling like it's deeply moisturised (again, Hydraluron, I'm looking at you), it is smoother after it's use, and as for fine lines? I noticed a little less creasing around the eyes. It's a pretty positive experience, and I'm now wondering how I can work the serum in with my skin routine.
5) Racinne Ultimate Defense Illuminating Cream - This has the strangest smell, but not in a bad way. I catch a faint sweet scent that reminds me of a petri dish. Bit odd, I know, but definitely not off putting. It just makes me think of university! While I like this, it does come in a jar (fingers!). The texture is quite rich and upon immediate use, I've seen my skin looking brighter. I really like the packaging as well, despite it being a jar. It's firm and bright, which reflects what the cream is meant to do. I use this particular one at night.
6) Skin Physics Dragon's Blood Facial Sculpting Gel * - See full review here. This has a beautiful, gel consistency and it's great for stressed out, overworked skin that needs a bit of a lift.
7) Skin Theory Moisturising Day Cream * - See full review here. I've been using this on a semi-daily basis for when I've been stuck studying at home. It's a great day cream for when you're not doing much, but might pop out to the mail box while on a break!
Am I the only one who keeps so many face creams on the go? What do you have on your shelf at the moment?
* These products was provided for my consideration, but my opinions remain my own