Pop Those Peepers: My Top Three Curling and Lifting Mascaras


Hello to everyone who's still sticking around after my 2 week break! Give me a minute while I get real with you guys. Honestly, in light of COVID-19 shutting down businesses, lives and well, pretty much the whole world, I couldn't quite get my headspace into something frivolous and fun for a bit. Instead, I needed a bit of time out to mourn the holidays that never were, and to scramble around, trying to recoup the losses from the activities that I wasn't going to get the chance to do. And while that may seem minor to some, and in the grand scheme of things, it was, it wasn't fun to call off things I'd been looking forward to.


And essentially, that was the thing that I needed to be ok with - mourning the things that had to be called off. Your feelings are valid, no matter how minor or major it may appear to be. Remember this as the next few weeks go on, and you're feeling both frustrated, and alternating that with guilt - it's completely legitimate to be upset about things. Grieving for things that couldn't be is normal. How you then take those emotions and react is the next step. Just keep in mind that #stayathome is really to help protect everyone else, in addition to yourself - the sooner it passes, the more things will normalise! And really, when staying at home to protect the rest of the nation, the WORLD, is the way to go, I say, bring it on!


Right, so I'm going to heft myself off my soapbox now, and try to normalize my own world. I'm going to jump back into makeup and fun! This is my bid to make my mind and world happier, when things are so chaotic - if it makes my mental health better, particularly now, then it's something that I need to hang onto, and I hope that reading this helps someone else too. Now, onto the blog post!

Ok, so I don't really expect anyone else to get as excited about this as I do, but let's be honest - if everyday mascaras have let you down throughout your life, then wouldn't you also be jumping for joy if one, or some, of them worked for you?


And that is the wonderfully unique position I find myself in today, talking about what I'm absolutely bananas over! Hands up, my Asian babes, and those others who struggle to get their mascaras to hold a curl, because this post is 100% for you! Also, for all those chicky babes who are now working from home and needing to do a lot more up close screen time with people, this might be a handy thing to be reading!

I'll begin with one that is a lot harder to find than other brands, simply because this one is from Etude House, which is a Korean brand. Curl Fix has a small brush, which makes it easy to coat each individual lash. I love how thick and full this also makes my lashes look. The downside of this is that this is an absolute pain to remove! Every time I think I've taken it off the night before, I wake up looking like a panda! Still, it's a small price to pay to have my lashes looking so together.

Next on the list is Maybelline's The Falsies Lashlift, which I did a post about over here. I have nothing new to add on this, except that this is just gorgeous, and I absolutely love it still! It's does a great job of lifting the lashes, giving me the appearance of looking a little more wide-eyed.


And last, but definitely not least, the NYX On The Rise Volume Liftscara! If I had to pick a favourite child out of this lot, well, this would have to be it! Although, let me be clear on this, the competition was very steep, and it truly was neck for neck with these babies, even as they crossed the finish line. You can read more about it in depth over here, and to summarise, this lifts, volumizes and holds the curl, and I am buying doubles on doubles on doubles of this one!

For the babes who can, remember to head out of the house for a bit of sunshine and fresh air while avoiding contact with others in order to keep your mental health intact. For the babes who can't, get yourself into a routine of doing a bit of circuit training or yoga in your home, so that you can at least give your body a bit of a workout. Above all, check in with your loved ones and see if there's anyway you can help those who are immunocompromised, and if you ARE immunocompromised, REACH OUT. Together, we can get through this, and we will come out better people.

Stay strong, stay connected, and stay healthy.

*Maybelline and NYX mascaras were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts