Review: Eylure Pre-Glued Eyelashes


As much as I love my falsies, I will admit that they took me a while to get used to, and I also recognise that they aren't to everyone's taste, simply because they can be tricky to work with, and it can be frustrating, especially when you're low on time. Trust me when I say that I still have problems with them from time to time, and that every application isn't easy breezy. With that in mind, I thought I'd give these pre-glued lashes from Eylure a try, because I'm always happy to give anything beauty related a whirl!

So how does it all work, really? These are designed so that there is already glue on the lashes, which means, in theory, you can pick these up, cut them to the length that you want, then apply them and fix them by pressing them against your skin for 5 seconds, and voila! You're ready to rock and roll!


I thought I'd try something a little subtle to begin with, so of the two, I went for style No.101, started by picking it up, and that's when I ran into a bit of a wall. I found that when I grabbed it, part of the pre-glued portion started to come off, so I had to slow down and detach it from the packaging with a bit more care than I had initially. When I cut it, the scissors kept sticking to the lashes, and I felt like I really had to stretch the lashes so that I could cut through them to get them to the length that I wanted. 


Once I got them onto the skin, however, I found that these stuck really well! So well, in fact, that they did keep trying to stick to my tweezers for a bit, but I eventually managed to get the tweezers of the lashes, and just have it on my lids. Upside? When it's on the skin, it just stays there. There's no lifting, no flapping, and I really liked that it stayed in place, and just looked like my typical falsies.


My verdict? Great if you're on the go, and don't have lashes, but need some in a pinch. You don't have to worry about the mess that you can get with glue, but similarly, you have to be careful about taking it out of the packaging and cutting it so that it doesn't stick to everything. I love that it stays, stays, stays, and doesn't come off easily (it does claim to stay up to 15 hours), but I wish I could reuse it.  I found that it just wasn't as sticky when being placed on the skin the second time around. My hack around that is to remove the pre-glued section, and just use the lashes with glue - sorted!

You can find these where Eylure is stocked. What are your thoughts on pre-glued lashes, and do you have any tips on how to use them?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts