Review: Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick





The arrival of a foundation always sparks excitement - after all, there are so many unanswered questions about the new addition? What is the finish going to be like? Is it going to pull pink or yellow undertones? Is the formula going to be easy to blend, or are we talking unsightly streaks? Can you mix it with liquid illuminator? How long is it going to last on the skin? So many things you need to learn about the newbie!

Thankfully, it doesn't take long after it lands on my desk (or in my grubby little hands!) to work through the mystery, and while I have taken my time testing out the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick, because no one should rush perfection, I'm happy to report that it didn't take me long to reach my conclusion about this little beauty!


I'm not stranger to stick foundations - I remember being a teenager and getting my hands on drugstore brand and thinking it was so clever. Years down the road, I'm still excited about it, and this luxe upgrade is so much more than what I once had. This comes in a shiny tube that surprisingly doesn't attract that many fingerprints, and it has the words Bobbi Brown in white on the side. The cap is easy to pull off, yet stays on securely once you've replaced it, so you don't have to worry about it rolling around in your bag, smearing base on everything.


The formula of this foundation is creamy and blending is a breeze with a brush. The coverage that you get from this is quite sheer, and while the finish is close to what your skin is like, you can brighten it up by placing some liquid light (aka illuminator) beneath the foundation. I love that this wears well during the day, and I don't find any creasing or weird flaky areas.


For $70, this isn't a budget option, but for the type of coverage and performance, this definitely ticks plenty of boxes and this makes the top of the list for stick foundations that I've had the chance to try. Don't hesitate to hit up Bobbi Brown the next time you're looking for a foundation, because with 44, yes, 44, shades available, this inclusive little gem will have you colour matched in no time!


For those wondering, I'm Beige in this, which is a medium beige with neutral undertones for light to medium skin, and NC25 in MAC. I'm seriously loving this currently, and it will go travelling with me throughout the year, because, how can I not?

Have you tried the foundation stick by Bobbi Brown yet? What do you think of their shade range?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts