Review: Harper Cosmetics Highlighter and Lipsticks


Hands up any of you who's heard of Harper Cosmetics! If it's your first encounter with the brand, like it was mine when I initially got these goodies in the mail, then, oh boy, I can only say, why is it that this little gem has been hidden away for so long?


Harper Cosmetics is a cruelty free brand that has an online store, and is also distributed through certain spas, which can be located on their website. I had the luck to try out their highlighter and three of their lipsticks recently, and here are my thoughts on them.


I was sent three lipsticks - a brown nude (Au Naturel), a pink nude (Nirvana) and a berry red (Luvena). The Au Naturel is a lovely shade, but sadly, doesn't show up as very much on me. It's more like a bit of a my lips, but similar type colour. Nirvana is a stunning pink nude, which suits my colouring really well. It shows up quite well on me, and is a bit of a go to shade. Luvena is the perfect Winter vamp colour - it's a dark, dark red with hints of plum and I adore this berry shade! Nirvana and Luvena are touted as matte shades and while they aren't very moisturising, they are certainly not dehydrating on the lips. They retail for $29 each.


Lipsticks aside, though, I'm bursting to tell you about the wonderful highlighter that is now in my possession! Unassumingly named their Pressed Shimmer Powder, this highlighter packs such a wallop that every time I wear it, someone asks about the brand! It is a gold-based highlighter, and every time the sunlight hits of cheekbones, it reflects beautifully. It also shows up in my outfit pictures, where the focus is on the clothes, but it's obvious on my face! This retails for $35 and it's a pretty generous 4.5g.


If you're keen to find out more about the brand (and get that highlighter!), then you need to head over to their store here. Have you heard of Harper Cosmetics before, and if so, what's your favourite product from them?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts