Review: Carbon Coco Activated Charcoal Original and Toothpaste


I'm sure that if you've been on social media at all in the last year, you'd have seen an influx of posts about charcoal toothpaste or the use of activated charcoal to whiten the teeth. I've been using Carbon Coco for about 2 weeks now and it's been an interesting process.
Carbon Coco is an Australian owned company that is meant to be a holistic alternative for those interested in whitening their teeth. They have coconut shell activated charcoal as the main ingredient, and this is supposed to protect the enamel, reduce plaque and promote healthy gums, among other things. I received their Ultimate Carbon Kit, which included the activated charcoal polish, toothpaste and toothbrush.

It's a pretty straightforward system - start with using the polish, rinse well, then use the toothpaste. I've been using this set steadily for 3 weeks, and I have a few thoughts on it. Firstly, it is HELLA messy. Like, make sure you open the container over the sink, or you'll regret it! Secondly, it's actually kinda fun to use! Have I noticed any difference with my teeth? My husband has! He complimented me on my smile the other day, and he doesn't tend to notice these things, so that's a good sign! As for me, I feel like it hasn't made a huge difference, but it certainly also hasn't stained my teeth, which is what everyone asks every time I talk about using this!


This kit retails for $119.95, but is currently on sale for $59.95. I've been quite curious about activated charcoal powders, so I'm glad I had the chance to use this set!

You can find more information about it over here. Have you tried Carbon Coco yet? Are you crious about it?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts