Review: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done Range *


I received the entire range of the Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done hair products a few weeks ago, and I've been very busy trying them out since! Created to help achieve wavy, tousled locks, there are six products in the entire range, and I'll walk you through each of them, and how I've used them.



1 and 2) Shampoo and Conditioner - I really liked how these two worked on my hair, but sadly, they didn't agree with my body! The shampoo and conditioner come in these 390 ml bottles with pop lids (as well as the larger 750 ml), which can make it frustrating for the last few mls, but pretty decent until then.

I liked the fresh, clean scent of the shampoo and conditioner, and while I didn't think they added much in the way of waves (let's face it, my hair is super Asian ie straight), they certainly didn't flatten my hair. Instead, they simply did a decent job of making my hair feel clean and washed.

However, what I didn't anticipate was the head and full body rash I got from using this, and I can say it's that, because I stuck it out for a week, and the itching got worse, but once I removed it from the bathroom, it all cleared up (after about another week or so!). It was with sad reluctance that I had to rehome these little lovelies.



3 and 4) Sea Salt Spray and Seafoam - I find these two to have similar functions, just different delivery systems. For when you want more defined curls and a bit of body, the Sea Salt Spray is your girl. Just spray it liberally through damp hair, dry down, then style away.

For more body and just generally for a beachy, textured look, I find the Seafoam to be your friend. Shake it up, pump it out, rub it through damp hair, blow dry, then get styling. If you're low on time like me, just blow dry it so that it's bigger and bouncier. It'll work just as well - no curls, but still pretty!

The other thing I've been doing is placing my hair into braids, after it's dried down, and I end up with textured, kinked hair that looks great in a ponytail, Something different with minimal effort. Just keep in mind that being heavy handed with this can lead to slightly clumpy and sticky hair, so don't go too wild when spraying/pumping!


5) Wave Defining Dry Spray - This is meant to define your waves and layers. I think it's also meant to 'undo' your glossy, perfect waves, so that they look more casual. Considering that waves are hard work for me, to keep, AT ALL, this is a product I'm reluctant to go wild with, but I will have to really give it a try the next time I'm getting curly, to reduce the overall 'poodleness' of it.

That said, as far as defining my layers go, I don't think this has made any huge difference, but I will certainly try again once I've got some curls going.


6) Ultra-Brushable Hairspray - Honestly, where were hairsprays that could hold without causing awkward stiffness when I was a teenager? While I do still love my super strength keep my style in a tornado hairsprays, this new breed of hairsprays really hold a special place in my heart. 

You get 250 ml in an aerosol spray bottle, and this baby holds a style relatively well without hardening the hair. That said, it also doesn't keep a style super well, but it keeps with the theme of beachy, happy waves.

And that's everything! If my straight hair likes this, then imagine what it might do for your naturally wavy tresses!

Have you tried anything from this range? What's your favourite of the lot?

* These products were provided for my consideration, but my opinions, as always, are my own

Comments

  1. That's such a shame about the shampoo & conditioner giving you a rash! How frustrating! The other products sound nice, but nothing I'd rush out and buy xx
    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts