Review: Swisse Retinol 0.1% Clear Skin PM Balance Serum

 

I think the evolution of brands is always a fascinating thing to follow. We've all seen brands come and go, sometimes along with holy grail products (boo), and other times at no surprise to us when they've had a shady history or questionable products. Other times, we've seen a gradual change in their product line, and an expansion from one type of products, such as in the case of Swisse, going from making supplements to producing a whole bunch of skin care products.

 

Not only that, they also have skincare products that have come and gone, with new ones popping up and filling the spaces, and one of their latest releases may be my favourite one yet! The Swisse Retibol 0.1% Clear Skin PM Balance Serum is designed to help improve skin texture, tone and reduce the appearance of fine lines.

 

This serum has a pretty great forrnula and contains encapsulated retinol, niacinamide, zinc sulfate and hyaluronic acid, and my skin has definitely loved this! As someone who uses retinol regularly, I wasn't sure that this would make a big difference to my skin, but I still enjoyed using this, and I think that this is partly due to the fact that this also comes with additional benefits that are associated with the other active ingredients.

This serum comes in an amber bottle with a pull off lid, and an efficient pump, where two pushes will get you enough to cover your face and neck. While this has what I initially thought was a cream-like texture, this actually things out very nicely when rubbed between the palms of your hands, which means that absorption is easy peasy.

 

I feel like this has resulted in my skin feeling softer, and plumper, but not necessarily firmer. Of all the different skincare products I've picked up from Swisse over the years, this certainly feels like it's the most interesting one yet! Sitting at just under $30 for a bottle, you can grab it from Chemist Warehouse. Are you a regular retinol user?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts