Review: George Hair Care Better Hair Days Hair Mask

I remember when I first got my hair bleached and coloured by a professional, who told me that it would weaken the structure of my hair and to make sure to take care of my tresses properly and look after it, so it wouldn't end up looking all dry and stressed out. Since that initial foray into the world of funky hair colours, I've been blithely bleaching and colouring my own hair since, and it's been a trip! However, I've definitely taken those words to heart, as I've also focused heavily on looking after my hair, knowing just how much damage I've been inflicting on it.

 

For many years, my hair care routine has consisted of shampoo and conditioner, like for most people, and I tend to lean towards either a hydrating type, or my personal favourite, a volume boosting version. Then, like I do with my skin, I tend to pop in a hair mask every few washes to make sure I'm taking that extra step to give my hair an extra hit of something good. Additionally, once I'm out of the shower, I place a leave in treatment of some sort, whether it's an oil or a cream, into my damp hair, so that it can continue to work it's magic.

 

I've also been known to use a pre-shampoo treatment or two, as well as an overnight mask, but just like when it comes to my skin, a mask is definitely the way to go for babes who don't have lots of spare time, but like doing that bit of extra self care - like with facial masking, I like combining the hair masking with doing something else, so if you don't do it, you really should, and you can start with the George Hair Care Better Hair Days Hair Mask!

 

This contains shea butter, coconut, avocado, flaxseed and jojoba oils, Kakadu plum and quinoa. The Kakadu plum is packed with vitamin C and good for boosting collagen, while the shea butter is great for moisturising. Coconut, flaxseed, jojoba oils and avocado are great for nourishing the hair, while the quinoa is filled with protein. This blend of ingredients is designed to help hydrate your hair, all while smoothing, softening and reducing the frizz, without adding weight to the hair.

 

This comes in a pink and gold tube with a flip lid, which is a simple, but effective design for something with such a thick consistency. I find a generous dollop to cover my hair nicely, and I leave it on for about 8 minutes, because that's about how long I have in the shower, while I'm doing other things - with the water turned off, of course! You can leave this on for about 30 minutes if you're after a more intense treatment, and once you wash it out, it smells like lavender and citrus, which is gorgeous. My hair really loves this - I have received a couple of compliments from strangers since I started using this, who said the nicest things about how healthy my hair looked! You can grab your own from over here. Are you a mask, leave in treatment, pre wash treatment, or a shampoo and conditioner sort of babe?

*This products was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts