Review: Neostrata Enlighten Dark Spot Corrector

 

When the weather is cold and dry, I feel like my skin ends up with a corresponding change to it, in that it becomes a little dull, but that hasn't entirely been the case this year, thankfully. My skin has been suspiciously radiant recently, and I can only put it down to... everything I've been slathering on! No, but seriously, I feel like I can credit one particular product that's been working harder than others in keeping my skin looking luminous and bright, and that is the Neostrata Enlighten Dark Spot Corrector! 

 

For those who need a bit of an introduction to Neostrata, and in particular, would like to know what other products I've tried from the brand, you can find it over here. This brand leans hard into being science based, with years of research, and it reflects in their products, as well as the packaging. With the Enlighten Dark Spot Corrector, this is a targeted gel treatment that is formulated to fade the appearance of dark spots, age spots and sun spots.

 

This is a blend of 10% Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA)/Polyhydroxy Acid (PHA) - made of 5% Glycolic Acid and Citric Acid, and 5% Gluconolactone and Lactobionic Acid - to help with exfoliation, while powerful antioxidants are present to help you get an even skin tone. Included in the squishy little tube is vitamin C, kojic acid and licorice extract,  combined together to help brighten the skin while improving the complexion. It's difficult to believe that these hard hitting ingredients all come in one tiny white tube that delivers it into the skin in gel form!

 

This has a little screw cap that makes this a rather secure product to toss into your toiletries bag for upcoming trips, but if you're like me and you're using this daily, you probably won't enough left by the time you're due to go away! It has a light yellow tinge to it when you first squeeze the gel out, and all you need is a little dollop of it, just enough to cover the problem areas. I apply this right after cleansing, then I follow it up with the rest of my skincare routine, and I do this twice daily.

 

I freaking love this. I mean, it feels like an understatement writing this, but I can just about see it working. Not in the moment, but certainly when I look at my skin a few weeks after starting the journey. Due to the nature of this texture, thin and light, this is quickly absorbed, and doesn't leave the skin feeling sticky, and there is no notable fragrance to it. It truly is an outstanding product, and at $45 for 20g of product, I can't say it's cheap, seeing as that translates to about $2 per gram, but if my skin loves it, then it's worth the dough to me! You can read all about it over here. Is this something you'd like to include in your routine?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts